badge

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Inked in my heart : Elegy (Letters from the Soul #9)


It's been a year since you are gone
Leaving behind a castle of memories
I visit the castle to meet you
When the weight of the world pulls me down;
I sit, draped in your pashmina shawl
Feeling the warmth of your embrace,
I touch your belongings again and again
To feel your essence
I gaze at your photographs all day
To relive the moments spend with you.

My tears don't know how to stop
Till I fall asleep in the castle of memories;
Your soul gently caresses my soul
I wake up, feeling unburdened.
It's true you are not here
But I can feel you close to me;
Your memories are inked in my heart
And you are just a thought away
As a guardian angel, you look after me
And teach me that love is stronger than death.


 © Purba Chakraborty
10.04.2018



Note: This is an elegy poem. In traditional English poetry, elegy is a melancholy poetry form that is written to lament the death of someone but ends in consolation. An elegy is a poem of serious reflection, typically a lament for the dead. 

10 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Intimate and inviting! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is death the greatest loss? Many unanswered questions of a love that could never be
    Here is mine , a fictional tale of a girl growing up in urban India https://akswrites.com/2018/04/10/i-am-a-big-girl-out-in-the-big-bad-world-atozchallenge-blogchattera2z/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was touching Purba, I know you wrote is for your grandmother, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touch by your words, Purba. An amazing poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An emotional poem this is. It hit the right chord in me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a touching subject you have chosen to write and what beautifully! I loved it to the core.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Your memories are inked in my heart"
    Lovely way of putting it. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is touching and beautifully reflects your feelings and bonds :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know for whom you wrote this, Purba :)
    And maybe that's the reason why it touches you heart. All the emotions are duly felt in the verses. Loved it,but I could feel that melancholy in your heart. Stay strong. Love. <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)