badge

Monday 9 April 2018

Hope : Haiku (Letters from the Soul #8)


Evergreen flower
It survives in all seasons
My friend and guide, hope.

Hope, my golden sun
I, a sunflower, facing
Him with unbound faith.

In the starry nights,
I lay naked with my wounds
Hope cleanses my soul. 

© Purba Chakraborty 
09.04.2018


Note: This is a set of three haikus. It is a traditional Japanese poetry form. Haiku is a three line poem with 17 syllables, written in 5-7-5 syllable count. Often focusing on images of nature, haiku emphasizes intensity, simplicity, and directness of expression. 


6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    A fine trio - the first one, for me, is the strongest; but that's just being picky! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, brilliant Purba, the third one hit the deepest. Keep up the great work dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved each one of your haikus. Beautiful descriptions of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope is all that you say and it indeed does stay by helping you get through the impossible. Letting you take that very first step. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Hope cleanses my soul' - great way to end with these lines. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope indeed is something that keeps you going against all the odds. Third one for me as well was the best!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)