badge

Friday 16 April 2021

Numberless costumes yet the soul finds its mate! (Magic and Alchemy)

 


As we look into
each other's eyes, 
I get transported to
numberless places
where I have looked at you
with the same intensity
and you have captivated me
with your overflowing love.
Somewhere in space and time,
we have loved each other
in numberless costumes
I have danced to your music
I have captured you on my canvas
You have given words to my
incoherent thoughts
You have taught me pottery
We have created sculptures.


As we look into
each other's eyes, 
I learn the secret to this familiarity.
Numberless roles we have played
in this stage of life;
We have put on various costumes
I have taken the male costume at times
and at other times, the female costume
Yet the soul manages to find its companion 
We find our way back to each other
to love and be loved in numberless ways
despite the changing of the costumes.

P.S. This poem is inspired by a poem of Rabindranath Tagore in 'Gitanjali'

Purba Chakraborty

16.04.2021

 I’m participating in #BlogchatterA2Z


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful poem. It is so emotive and conveys such a beautiful message. Yet the soul manages to find a companion.
    Lovely
    Deepika Sharma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many ways to write poems...Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem Purba, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful your poem is, with the idea that the soul always finds a companion. There is such profundity ion your poetry! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful your poem is, with the idea that the soul always finds a companion. There is such profundity ion your poetry! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice philosophical poem. Reminded of the changeless amid all the outer changes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! love your magic that you do with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful and I mostly loved the interchanging of roles narrated by you !

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)