badge

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Poetry in 2015

"Poetry is plucking at the heart strings, and making music with them." ~ Dennis Gabor

For me, poetry is as essential as love, music and Nature. Poetry is one of the best therapies of the world. When I am distressed or sad, I cannot work on a novel or a short story, but I can write poems on any subject. Poetry is as effortless as breathing to me. Although I have been writing poetries since I was eight or ten years old, I couldn't discover the passionate poet within me until this year .

Yes, this year has been like an intense affair with poetry. I have written more than a 100 poems this year, got published in several anthologies and magazines and got to connect with some supremely talented poets around the globe through Poets United. What a blissful year it has been, with poetry as my beloved!



4 of my poems "Monsters in my bed", "The Bittersweet evening", "Your first hello" and "Years pass by" have been published in this wonderful anthology of poems, Rhymes and Rhythm. 
The best thing about this book is that the paperback version of it is now available globally, including Japan, Canada and the countries of Europe.

You can buy the book here



This book, Melange~ a potpourri of thoughts is a rich potpourri of poems by some talented poets from India. I am so glad that my poem "Forsaken" got selected to be published in this prestigious anthology by Poets Corner. 
The best thing about this book is that it has poems by literary stalwarts like Ruskin Bond, Vikram Seth and Shekhar Kapoor. Nothing can be better than sharing poetic space with people whom you deeply admire and idolize.

You can buy the book here



This book, Kaafiyana is a collection of contemporary soul stirring verses in English and Hindi. The winners of the national poetry contest "The Delhi Poetry Challenge" got featured in this book, which was released on the Kaafiya Poetry Festival (October, 2015). My poem "The Thread and the needle" which is a metaphorical take on contemporary relationships got published in this book. 

You can buy the book here


I recently got an opportunity for writing a poem on my sun sign and my poem "Musings of a Gemini Lass" got selected in the upcoming book, Musings of the Stars. 
The best thing about this book is that it contains poems on all the 12 zodiacs by 24 poets. I loved the concept and I am glad to be a part of this book.

So, 2015 has been a very beautiful and enriching year with poetry. Finally, after completing my 3rd manuscript, I started working on my solo poetry book from 1st November, the Kindle Edition of which is scheduled for a Valentine's Day release.

The book is titled Every Love Story Needs a Song and is divided into 5 themes, each of them portraying a different facet of love. I must thank my dear friend, Gaurab for nagging me to work on my solo poetry book since over six months and also for suggesting the title, which I found perfect for the poetry collection. 

I hope my relationship with poetry strengthens with every passing day and I can create good art always.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. ~Plutarch

Indian Bloggers

32 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful Purba.....Many many congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Congratulations on the publishes. Best wishes for the upcoming years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear all those achievements Purba :) Your love for poems and commitment made this to happen. Wishing you and hoping many more such records to be broken by you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful comment and wishes, Prasanna. Poetry is indeed my love for life :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome great to see your work in print

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poems are just amazing...so many people want to read them. It's definitely worth going for the solo poetry book as people who follow your poetry will be really excited for it. Congrats for all the success...and wishing all the best for future endeavors :-) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you for the idea and for all the support. You have constantly fanned my potential and encouraged me. Now, I am all geared up to create good art in my poetry collection and I hope you love reading it.
      Much love and gratitude :)

      Delete
  6. I love the name monster in my bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your achievements! Very well deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A single year made such a lot of difference- Wonderful! Congrats to you.May you reach greater hieghts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations dear...keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many Congratulations Purba, this is so exciting! May your love commitment passion and dedication continue to blossom - year after year, increasing with every passing year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Arti for the lovely comment.
      Your wishes and words made me feel so wonderful. Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  11. Congratulations Purba.:)

    Cheers,
    Sriram & Krithiga

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your's is an indispensable bond with poetry! We are simply spellbound by the fluidity of your words dear. Keep writing and keep achieving the zenith's height. My best wishes with you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for showering such beautiful and generous words on me, dear. I feel humbled and honored at the same time.Thanks a lot sweetie <3

      Delete
  13. You and Poetry are like made for each other ... Congratulations on your achievements dear. Stay blessed and keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you so much dear. Your words mean a lot as I love your poems. God bless you too :)

      Delete
  14. Wow! Many congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, Purba. Wish you a long and successful inning with poetry.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)