badge

Friday 13 November 2015

A little soul-searching with Liebster Award

I feel glad that this year, I came across some wonderful people through blogging, with whom I could connect so well. It's always a pleasure to meet like-minded people and Sunaina is one such person with whom I could feel that connect. Her writings have a lot of depth and she loves reading, like me. 

I can clearly recall our first conversation when she asked me what writing means to me. We also talked about books and writers and later, she surprised me in a wonderful way by reading my book "The Hidden Letters". When I visited her wonderful blog  When I Stopped to Smell a Rose , I absolutely loved the way she expresses her thoughts. Please do visit her blog and I am sure you'll love your writings.

So, when Sunaina notified me that she has nominated me for this bright, sparkling award known as the Liebster Award, I was really very happy. Thank you, Sunaina.

I am supposed to answer a few questions that Sunaina has asked me. So, here is my chance for a little soul-searching.

1. Which of your blog post is closest to your heart?

A. The posts that I have written about my Mom and Dad are very close to my heart because the words of these posts are drenched with my love and emotions. 
The two blog posts that I would like to mention here are Memories and Stories of my Mother and Daddy's little girl

2. Who is your biggest critic?

A. I am my biggest critic, for sure. That doesn't mean that I am very hard on myself. All I try to do is to be better than what I was yesterday. So, I compare my present work with my earlier works and see how much I have made progress. I also push myself to get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself from time to time. And once in a while, I also reward myself.

3. What is happiness?

A. Happiness is when your thoughts, words and actions are in perfect harmony with each other. In short, long term happiness is equivalent to peace. It is also about living in the present moment, without worrying about past and being anxious about the future.

4. Which is the most inspiring thing you have read recently?

A.  I am currently reading the book "Big Magic~ Creative Living beyond fear" by Elizabeth Gilbert which is filled with inspiration. I am sharing a few lines from the book that I read yesterday, which is immensely inspiring: 
" A creative life is an amplified life. It's a bigger life, a happier life, an expanded life and a hell of a lot more interesting life. Living in this manner, continually and stubbornly bringing forth the jewels that are hidden within you is a fine art, in and of itself."

5. Who is your favorite author, poet, writer?

A. Rabindranath Tagore, Paulo Coelho and Elizabeth Gilbert.

6. When it comes to appreciation, would you prefer a vote for your blog post or a comment?

A. Undoubtedly, a comment that is discerning, authentic and genuine. 

7. Walk at the beach or trip to the mall or a luxury cruise...what is your favorite kind of holiday?

A. Walk at the beach, for sure. I love beaches, especially the quiet ones where I can just drown myself in the music of the waves and listen to Nature's wisdom. It is therapeutic! (And that reminds me that I should plan a small vacation in a beach before this year ends)

8. What are my thoughts about my blog or my style of writing?

A. Dear Sunaina, your blog is a solace for people like me, who loves to read soulful posts. The best thing about your writing is that you write from your heart and therefore, it has so much depth. I really like the way you reflect on simple, mundane incidents and churn out a great post out of it. Keep writing! 

9. Is it easy to forgive or forget?

A. You need to forgive, forget and then move on. It's a three step process to liberate yourself from that unwanted baggage. 
But, here forgetting doesn't imply that you give another chance to the person to betray you. It means that you are clearing your mind off negative things so that positive people and thoughts can enter. So, forgive, forget and move on. 
Life is too short to remember people who have treated you wrong and brood about them. 

10. Who is your best friend?

A. I will name three: My Dad, my school friend Priyam and books. All of them keep me grounded and enriched with happiness


The Rules


  1. Thank the nominator
  2. Display the award
  3. Nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 new questions
  4. Answer the questions provided by the nominator
  5. Notify the nominees
I love to break rules and therefore, I am nominating 6 bloggers for this award: GaurabDeeshaniMaitreniArtiRoohi and Indrani

Here are the questions that I would like you people to answer:

1. Tell me 3 memorable moments, associated with your blogging journey. (Be honest!)

2. Can virtual friends be as true and authentic as real life friends? Your take on it.

3. What kind of blog posts do you love to read?

4. Name 3 celebrities whom you would like to meet in this lifetime. (They can be from any possible field)

5. Rank in order of your preference: Money, Job Satisfaction, Fame. State reasons for your answer. 

6. Where and when did you go for your last vacation? How was it?

7. How was your 2015, till now? 

8. If God grants you one super power, what will you ask for?

9. What are your thoughts about my blog and writing?

10. Who is your confidante?

Will be waiting for your answers, dear ones! :) 


Indian Bloggers

39 comments:

  1. Congratulations :) Good to read through your answers and questions :) Simple as it is - forgive, forget, and move on. So agree. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shashank.
      Glad to know that you agree with me in this :)

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed reading your answers. I definitely accept your award. Thanks for the honour dear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear. Waiting for your answers eagerly :)
      And it was my pleasure to nominate you for this award :) :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your award. Nice answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading it. I got to know little more about you and your blog.
    I wish to be nominated. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yogesh :)
      I would surely nominate you in the next award. This time, I nominated the blogger friends whom I have known for quite some time.

      Delete
    2. No problem. :)
      Would be glad to be part of it for next time. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice to read, Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading your answers Purba :) Thank you so much for the award. TSS is honored and accepts the same with immense pride. <3 Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...It was my pleasure, Maitreni. Thank you so much. Waiting for your answers now :) <3

      Delete
  7. Aww... thanks a lot dear. :)
    Great to know more about you!
    I too agree with your forgive, forget and move n process. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Indrani :)
      Glad to know you agree with me on this :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations. Intelligent answers.

    Geetashree

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always great to know more about you. Thanks to Sunaina to have you answer such interesting questions :) You are an amazing writer and person.
    I am greatly honored to receive the award especially from you, Purba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...that's so sweet of you, Roohi. I am waiting for your answers eagerly.
      Your lovely words made me smile. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  10. I guess everyone likes getting a genuine comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations on your award :) thanks for sharing more about your likes n views on life :) blessed to have sister like u <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sachin for the lovely comment.
      God bless you :)

      Delete
  12. I am so happy to read your answers. They tell me more about you and make me admire you even more. Thanks for the words on my blog too. I hope I will keep up the 'soulful' connection with you for long. Will be reading the posts you have mentioned as your favorites. Keep writing as you always do, my dear. The world needs people like you....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am sure that connection will magnify in the days to come, dear.
      I am so glad you liked my answers. Thanks for asking these wonderful questions, which allowed me to introspect about life :)
      And you too keep writing and keep inspiring :) <3

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! Purba :) Your way of answering is really brain-cache, very crystal clear answers. I just loved reading the post. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Prasanna and congrats to you too. Glad you liked my answers.
      Happy Blogging :)

      Delete
  14. Great, many Congratulations. Glad to be connected to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Purba. It was nice reading your answers and your questions too. :)
    Happy Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Divya.
      Glad that you liked the QnA
      Have a wonderful week ahead :)

      Delete
  16. Some really great answers Purba! Wishing you loads of success and of course, you really deserve an award! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww....that's so very sweet and kind of you dear :)
      I am glad you liked my answers.
      Wish you lots of success and happiness too :) :)

      Delete
  17. Congratulations dear :) Loved your answers.. It's always great to know more about you and I'm totally in love with your personality :D Thanks a lot for nominating me... Much love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. I am so happy to know that you loved the answers. Thanks for the lovely words. I feel humbled.
      You totally deserve it. Would be waiting for your answers.
      Much love. God bless you :)

      Delete
  18. Thanks so much for the award nomination, Purba, such an honor to receive it from you. :)) Loved your heartfelt answers, the book on creative living sounds really interesting and the poem on daddy dearest is simply awesome!

    PS: Sorry for commenting so late dear, was travelling during Diwali...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to be sorry dear. It was my pleasure nominating you as I absolutely love your posts. They fill me up with a lot of positivity :)
      I am glad you loved my answers and the poem on Daddy. And yes, the book is really interesting and inspiring. I am sure you'll like it.
      Hope you had a wonderful festive time :)

      Delete
  19. Congratulations for the award. Nice answers and good questions framed... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Liked the meaningful answers to good questions!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)