badge

Sunday 28 June 2015

A Medley of 5 life-defining songs

Background music! People say that I wish there was some background music in my life. But, if you think deeply, then there are some songs and melodies that we keep humming and hearing time and again. We never get tired of listening to those songs because they define and re-define our life. We all have a few songs that are special to us for various reasons and those songs actually form the background score of our lives.

If I talk about my life, then there are 5 songs that define my life. I can listen to these songs for uncountable times and yet I won't get bored. Because those songs are me...my life...my identity...my home. 

Here is the medley of those 5 songs that define my life again and again. This prompt of IndIspire helped me to do something I was unable to do for many days, because of my busy schedule. I finally uploaded a recording in SoundCloud. Do listen to it. I would love to hear your views.






The first song is Ek Pyar Ka Nagma Hai from the movie Shor. This song is the definition of love and romance for me. The tranquility and solace brimming in the song mirrors the tranquility and harmony that I desire from my partner.

The second song is Roz Roz Aankhon Tale from the movie Jeeva. This song speaks the words of my heart...speaks of the dreams shimmering in my eyes that refuses to fade. And as I am a born dreamer, this song defines me.

The third song is Zindagi pyar ka geet hai from the movie Soutan. It motivates me whenever I feel that life is such a hard struggle, whenever I feel that I am giving up on love. It teaches me that life is a song of love which you have to keep singing and life is also an ocean of sorrow which you have to cross with a smile on your face.

The fourth song is Aye zindagi gale laga le from the movie Sadma. This song is my plea, my conversation with dear life. I love life so much and want life to also love me back.

The final song is Kal Ho Na Ho from the movie Kal Ho Na Ho. Do I need to say anything about this song? This song teaches me to live life in the present, to love and forgive, to laugh and make others laugh...because life is neither in yesterday, nor in tomorrow...life is now...kya pata kal ho na ho!

                                       

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful sounds, nice of you to share. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You too have a great week :)

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful voice and lovely choice of songs. Enjoyed a lot listening to your audio. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Deeshani. I am so glad that you enjoyed listening to it :)

      Delete
  3. Finally you recorded <3 i am so happy :D yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collection Dear. You'd be surprised to know that I downloaded your songs from soundcloud. I daily hear it before sleep. Wada Raha and Sawar loon in repeat mode. You have a very sweet voice like a child. May you accomplish your dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! It seems today is a day of surprises. Thank you so much, Ravish for always encouraging. And I am so happy to know that you find my songs worth hearing in repeat mode :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful choice of songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love listening to eak pyar ka nagma hai ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a melodious voice, I wish to listen again and again :)
    Roz roz ankhon taley and ae zindagi gale laga le are my very favorite songs.

    Beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Simran :)
      Glad to know that these 2 songs are your favorite too :)

      Delete
  8. What a sweet voice! Enjoyed the post and the video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully sung by you. These songs are really immortal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Ashish. True, these songs are evergreen :)

      Delete
  10. Aap bahut khoob likhti hain, ye to maloom tha. But you sing so well. My word, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The choice reflects how much you value life and its beauty - peace, calm serenity and fun !
    aur naya naam tumhare liye is multitalented ! beautiful voice Purba :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you so much dear. You are too sweet and kind. I am so glad you liked my voice. *Hugs*

      Delete
  12. Lovely compilation of songs. You have a beautiful voice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)