badge

Wednesday 4 January 2017

When I saw myself in a parallel world




Sitting in lotus position,
I close my eyes
Let myself drown and then float gently
On the soothing meditation music
I slowly travel to a distant land
Where harmony and beatitude exist.

I see a carpet of verdant grass
Yellow and pink blooms
Whimsical butterflies dancing around
I notice a girl; wind in her hair
Her laughter uninhibited
As she followed the butterflies,
Chasing them until she is tired.
Holding her belly, she then lies down
On the lush green meadow.

Glowing with contentment and gratitude,
She gives me a radiant, genuine smile
I open my eyes with a smile
As I softly realize I saw myself
In a parallel world,
Brimming with inner peace and happiness.

-Purba Chakraborty
04.01.2017

Linking this poem with Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Vision

When I saw the prompt 'vision', so many things came in my mind. I definitely want to be a very successful writer and fulfill all my dreams. I want to travel a lot and do social work. And there are so many other things that I aspire to achieve. But first of all, I would want to be a person made of inner peace and inner happiness who can spread peace and happiness all around her.

One of my resolutions for 2017 is to do yoga and meditation regularly. This poem is inspired from my visions during meditation and the picture is from my trip to a spiritual destination of West Bengal, Mayapur in 2016. When I was in Mayapur for 2 days, I experienced a lot of inner peace. So, I thought this picture would be apt for the poem. 


Indian Bloggers

41 comments:

  1. I envision this poem in a frame in your magic creative space. With this parallel place to go, everything else you want will be more possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a grand vision you have of yourself. Perhaps it's not in a parallel world at all. Perhaps it is here and now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purba, in every photo of you, I SEE the girl in the poem...........you are as beautiful as those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as though you are contented now with your life let's hope you always feel this way Purba as you have such an enchanting smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best thing one can do is turn that vision to reality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you go from strength to strength and breathe in and out peace...so beautifully penned Purba...truly a piece of meditation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sumana Ma'am for your beautiful words ☺

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful vision - chasing butterflies is always warming - may you always take flight

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purba, this is absolutely breathtaking in every aspect!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it breathtaking Sanaa. Thank you ☺

      Delete
  9. I spent time in Mayapur in 1998, with friends who lived there. Although it is not my personal spiritual path, I was enraptured by the joy and beauty I found there. Unforgettable! Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this with me. It was great to know about your experience in Mayapur.

      Delete
  10. From the very first line, I was transcended to your world. Wonderfully written, Purba... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the mood and atmosphere of this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indeed a great dream....its happiness all around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful composition dear and you look lovely in the picture! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Brimming with inner peace and happiness"-Reading your poem gives us that Purba! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I came with you to a parallel world Purba...what bliss :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. May you always find such happiness in reality too. Great and innocent thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heart-conquering poem with a heart-conquering picture of yours. May you achieve your aim set for 2017. Amen !

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)