badge

Monday 9 January 2017

La La Land is for the crazy, dedicated dreamers!


“There are certain emotions in your body that not even your best friend can sympathize with, but you will find the right film and the right book, and it will understand you.”~ Bjork


That was exactly how I felt about the movie “La La Land.” There are some movies that draw you so deep within that you can’t come out of that hangover ever. I watched La La Land on 31st December and even after one full week, I find myself thinking about the movie. 

La La Land is a movie about the crazy and dedicated dreamers, the people who don’t give up on their dreams, no matter how much they have to bear for it. It is about the scar of struggles that people have to undergo while fulfilling their dreams. It is about the power of love that can inspire you to make your dreams come true.

 It tells the story of Mia (played by Emma Stone) who is a struggling actress. She works in a café and goes every day from one harrowing audition to the other. It also tells the story of Sebastian (played by Ryan Gosling) who is a struggling jazz musician. He plays jingles in a restaurant and is not allowed to play jazz as the owner of the restaurant hates it. When he gets carried away and plays jazz one day, he is immediately fired.


 When Mia and Sebastian meet, it is pure magic. They listen and understand each other’s journey. They can empathize with the passion both of them have towards their chosen art form. They inspire each other to rise above the circumstances. Sebastian, who dreams of running his own club, suggests Mia to write a play and perform it. It was extremely heartening to see how these two individuals play such a significant role in each other’s life and lift each other higher. It was soulful to see how Mia and Sebastian’s dreams come true.

La La land is a romantic musical with exceptional cinematography. The music, the dance, the camera work…everything was pitch-perfect. Each and every frame of the movie was poetry in motion. I don’t remember the last time I watched a movie that impressed me so much.


The scars of struggles that were shown in the movie were so relatable, that I guess, anyone who is struggling to fulfill a dream will surely relate to it. There was one scene where Mia breaks down and tells Sebastian that she thinks that perhaps she is not good enough after going through a series of unsuccessful auditions. I could certainly recognize that emotion. I felt the same way when my manuscript got rejected so many times for a wide range of reasons. We all feel that way when we face repeated rejections and the life of every artist has its fair share of rejections.

La La Land also makes you believe in the magic of love. It makes you believe that dreams definitely come true if you don’t abandon them. 

Have you ever felt angry when someone has not shown respect to your favorite art form? 

Do you wake up every morning with the desire to work towards your dreams? 

Have you ever faced a breakdown moment at night due to repeated rejections/failures and yet did not abandon your dream? 

Do you feel there is perhaps someone like you in this world who can understand your journey?

If you have answered yes to even one of the questions, you must watch La La Land. It is cinema and storytelling at its best. 


Indian Bloggers

16 comments:

  1. As I was a little sleepy when I went to watch the film, I dozed off a little during the first half but I liked the second half. Overall as you say feel good movie as you come out of the theatre...

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me mark this as "To DO" in my list. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I hope you enjoy watching the movie ☺

      Delete
  3. No wonder people are praising it sky high!I should watch this movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful review of a fantastic movie. It has joined my to-watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have marked it so that I can search for it whenever I am browsing through in-flight entertainment! That is where I watch the most movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's amazing. Hope you enjoy the movie ☺

      Delete
  7. Wonderful review of the movie dear... seems to be very promising!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am watching this movie. I will watch it for 2nd and 4th question.

    ReplyDelete

  9. I preferred Ryan Gosling in'DRIVE' and 'only GOD Forgives'.

    Aditya S. Ch.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)