badge

Saturday 4 February 2017

Guest author in The Love for Colors, releasing on Valentine's


Since 2014, there is a similar pattern in my life during Valentine's day. Are you wondering what? Well, it is a book release, which I enjoy the most being an author. Whether an anthology or my solo book, Valentine's Day is the time of a new release. Last year, my collection of poems, The Heart Listens to No One was released on Valentine's Day and this year, the anthology Shades of Life 2: The Love for Colors is releasing. 




I was a part of Shades of Life that released last year, Holi. My short story Silent Offering is a part of the book. One day, when Sarav, the editor of the book invited me to be the guest author of The Love for colors, I was exhilarated. I asked him on which color I should write and he told me to write a poem blending the theme of colors and love. 

I associated each color of the rainbow with a girl's memories of a true love affair that is beyond physical separation. That is how my poem Epoch of our love was born which is now a part of Shades of Life 2 ~ the love for colors.  




I feel proud to be a part of this book because it is a very unique anthology. The authors have chosen a particular color and penned a story/poem that symbolizes the color. When the contest for this book was going on, the Shades of life Team uploaded a color chart so that the authors can work on their poem/story keeping in mind what the particular color symbolizes. 

I started reading the book yesterday and I am really enjoying the different flavors of the colors. I already read the poems and stories under the section Black and Grey. I am sure you will also enjoy exploring the various colors in the form of intriguing stories and soulful poems. 





Right now with the book and certificate in my hand, I feel extremely happy to be the guest author of this beautiful book which will release around Feb 14 this year. I will await your feedback on the book and review on my poem. Order your copy from the link below or gift it to your Valentine, if he/she loves reading.




Indian Bloggers

14 comments:


  1. Congrats.....


    Aditya S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations purba. My best wishes:-)
    www.doc2poet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartiest congratulations.. so glad about this news! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, keep going strong 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations :) Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Purba! Wishing the book all success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Purba! My heartiest wishes and may you keep writing more sweets :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely words and wishes, Tara :)

      Delete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)