badge

Thursday 23 April 2015

Books, my most persistant companions (FPFS ~ Day 4)




When I was five,
I went running to Mom;
Complaining and whining
I don’t have enough friends.

That was exactly when
Mom introduced me to the enchanting world of books;
With the first tender handshake,
Books have been my most persistent companions till date.

I grew up with magical fairy tales
Till poetry lured me with its captivating verses;
Within novels and short stories
I found my secret, small paradise.

The aroma of books
Reminded me I am never alone;
Cute and funny fictitious beings
Ensured my day never end without smiles and laughter.

I left myself a little
In every book that I read;
During times of adversity
They came back to me as my loyal savior.

Books made me wiser
And made life a lot easier;
For me, a life without books
Is no less than a body without soul.

Happy World Book Day to all the bibliophiles out there!

I have been tagged by my friend Kiran and my brother Sachin to take part in the Five photos Five stories challenge (FPFS) which is- Post a picture for 5 consecutive days and attach a post to it fiction, poem or short write-up. It can be anything to suit your taste.


I am tagging my friend Sonia Kundra Singh on Day 4 and as a part of the challenge, I will tag a new person on Day Five.

10 comments:

  1. With books we share a sweet silent converse which is never boring but mystic! :)
    You have a wonderful book collection. Happy World Book Day!
    Keep reading and writing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy World Book Day, Simran :)
      You are absolutely right...the conversation that we have with books is so meaningful and profound.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Purba. Im so pleasantly surprised. Glad to make a friend. And u wont believe it but i have d same books lying in my trunks now. So we share d same kind of books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's so wonderful, Sonia. I am glad to know that. It's really great to connect through books, blogging and writing. Cheers :)

      Delete
  3. Books are best friends....you've wonderfully expressed the feelings of every bibliophile.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, books are our best friends. Thank you so much, Maniparna :)

      Delete
  4. Wow.....what a lovely tribute to books.....good one Purba....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful poem. Books will always remain my best friends too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)