badge

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Physical, Mental, and Emotional Wellness : Blogging with a Purpose #CauseAChatter


‘There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.’ –Richard Branson

Clarity of purpose makes every day beautiful, authentic, and worth living. Once we realize our gifts and decide to share them with the world, life seems a joyride. All of us are in this world to make it more beautiful by shining our light and spreading love. 

What is Blogging with a Purpose?

My blog Love, Laugh and Reflect came into being in 2014. I have been mostly writing about lifestyle, poetry, and fiction on the blog. In 2020, I decided to write on self-improvement so that I can share all the habits and rituals that have improved my physical, mental, and emotional health in the last year.

Through the power of the law of attraction, I came across Blogchatter’s initiative ‘Blogging with a Purpose’ last week. This is exactly what I was planning to do at the beginning of the year but did not find enough motivation to do it with enthusiasm. When I registered for it, I felt great to have clarity of purpose in blogging.

The Cause I am supporting

Without a doubt, I knew that I want to write about Physical, Mental, and Emotional Wellness on my blog this year. I want to share all the rituals, habits, workouts, diets, anecdotes, books, apps that have helped me make a significant change in my life.

Before 2019, I used to take my health for granted. For me, exercise was limited to brisk walking and dancing. I was always down with cold and fever during seasonal change. I had to take vitamin supplements and visit the doctor’s clinic frequently. I had irregular sleep cycles and crazy mood swings. I used to feel overwhelmed by stress and anxiety. Life seemed like a struggle and the world seemed so unfair for all the setbacks I experienced.

I read a book by Louisa Hay, “You Can Heal your Life” which changed my perspective about the way I was living my life. I made a conscious choice to work on my health and wellness. I read a lot of books such as ‘The Secret’ by Rhonda Byrne, ‘The Power of our Subconscious Mind’ by Joseph Murphy, ‘The Power of Now’ by Eckhart Tolle, The Monk who sold his Ferrariby Robin Sharma, etc which empowered me to bring some changes in my life.

My goal became self-improvement in all the 4 areas: Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual.

I started working on my Physical health because a healthy and fit body makes everything so better. I bought a yoga mat and Shilpa Shetty’s Yoga DVD. I was very stiff and weak when I started yoga. I never thought I can do backbends and side planks. But practicing yoga taught me immense patience- patience with my body, mind, and emotions. As I started getting better at yoga, I incorporated various forms of workouts to bring variety in my fitness routine. And my immunity improved so much that I don’t remember the last time I had to visit a doctor or take a painkiller. 


Mental wellness is about taking care of the mind - to be aware of what we are thinking and what we are saying to ourselves. For my mental health, I made a conscious choice to let only positive and inspiring content enter my mind. We often forget to take care of our mental diet. It is as important as the food we consume. I reduced watching news and reading articles that amplify negativity. I started using social media mindfully and began my mornings with positive affirmations. With time, my mind became more stable.

Emotional wellness is about taking care of the heart. Our heart is the place where we radiate love. If toxic emotions such as fear, hurt and envy accumulate there, we won’t be able to love others and ourselves. For my emotional health, I started practicing gratitude, acts of kindness, forgiveness, and spending quality time with my loved ones.

We are spiritual beings. We are Souls connected to the SuperSoul/Divine Energy/One Consciousness/God. Everything is temporary, including our human bodies. The only thing that is permanent is our Soul (as said by Lord Krishna in Bhagavad Gita). Spiritual Wellness is about being aware of this Truth and staying connected to the Divine Energy through meditation or prayer.

Life is Beautiful!

My life started transforming in all the aspects when I stopped taking my health and wellness for granted.  I am a work in progress. Yes, there are some days when I get a little disordered and the old patterns tempt to return. But I don’t entertain them for more than a few hours!

Life is beautiful. What we think and feel from within manifests on the outside. The better our health and mindset become, the better life becomes. I am so exhilarated to blog with a purpose this year- to write about physical, mental, and emotional wellness. I hope you will join me in this journey!

Let’s get physically, mentally and emotionally fit in 2020!

P.S. If you want to blog with a purpose this year, register with Blogchatter right away!




14 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    What an uplifting and hope-filled post from you today, Purba! It is always wonderful to find these 'doors' in life that lead is ways we couldn't see even a short time before we cross each threshhold. Onward and upward! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      So good to see you on my blog, Yamini. Your words are so encouraging ❤️

      Delete
  2. May your journey of all round wellness help people around you and the readers. Wish you luck for the project. I would like to say it as a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pragnya. I liked it that you called it a project ❤️

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely post and an inspiring one too :) it's so good to see another blogger talking and writing about what i also love to do. While reading your post, i could sense lot of positivity emanating from your words. I am sure each of your post will have a real positive impact on the lives of the readers and move them closer to achieving holistic wellness. Best wishes for the campaign and look forward to complement each other's posts on the subject :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It always feels so wonderful to connect with like-minded people. I visited your blog for the first time today and I liked how you motivate people. Cheers! 😊

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful and positive post.. looking forward to reading all your posts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purba, Great to read. Keep inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being low since a year and trying everything but everything seems too exhausting i feel reading your blog will give me a bit of positivity and motivation. Looking forward to more such inspiring blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)