badge

Saturday 25 March 2017

When love becomes a journey!



I gaze at the autumn sky with a newly fallen maple leaf in my hand. The graceful cumulus clouds, oblivious to my inner tempest, look at me and sigh. Then, they continue their play as I try to unknot the memories of one particular autumn afternoon. The more I unknot the memories, the more they get tangled and along with them, I get tangled too - a chaotic mess. I start writing on the yellow notebook to unburden my heart. My spilled thoughts are all over the yellow pages. Every day, I write a new story as I try to unknot the memories. I add a new detail or change a dialogue as I read between the silences of a` moment long gone by. Finally, I have a thousand stories of a handful of memories. A thousand ways of feeling you by my side.  

I sail in your love
Every new moon to full moon
My timeless journey.



Linking with Poetry Pantry #346


Indian Bloggers

19 comments:

  1. This is called looking at the positives of life. Lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the word 'memories' here is laden with sadness...love how you've captured movement in the lines whether it's the clouds or the narrator's journey....beautiful Purba...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Purba, your poem reflects your kind and loving soul❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some memories are burdens... I hope there are other memories to lift you as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Every day I write a new story" ... wonderful words! Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice love poem, Purba! The haiku captures the feeling beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also ment to say that I loved the finishing poem too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Memories really do provide a timeless way of feeling a loved one by our side!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you too have been in love to write this Purba. It is beautiful and and honest in its yearning for a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautifully penned dear... the positivity of love <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh.....love fill the air like a fine spray of rain and connects deep within. Truly beautiful, Purba!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very impressive ! Very touching ! I can relate to it. Time and again I also happen to unknot memories of some autumn evenings. I also sail in someone's love from every new moon to full moon. Every word of this poem has gone deep into my heart to rest at its bottom forever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much expressed in just few lines. Love is indeed a journey that a person travels and ravels as it moves further with him. Beautifully penned, Purba! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)