badge

Saturday 18 March 2017

Vodafone felicitates Voice of Kolkata winners on International Women's Week

Me with the goodie bag after the event

On this International Women's week, Vodafone brought an interesting contest known as the Voice of Kolkata. Women from every walk of life were told to send their voice message in 91.9 Friends Fm official WhatsApp number about what they feel about today's women and the state of women in the country. 

I couldn't stop myself from voicing my thoughts and feelings about today's women on Women's Day. This subject is so close to me as I support women empowerment and equality. I am a feminist. 

What I said in my voice message is exactly similar to my blog post that I wrote on Women's Day: Dear beautiful women, let your soul shine bright! If you haven't read it, you can check it out. I recorded the voice message in the morning of Women's Day and then in the afternoon, I thought to share it with the readers of my blog. 

On the afternoon of 13th March, I got a call from 91.9 Friends Fm informing me that I am one of the winners of Voice of Kolkata. They told me to reach the next day for an event at Vodafone Angel Store by 4 pm. 

Vodafone Angel Store is a very unique store because it is completely managed and run by women. I was absolutely delighted on reaching the Vodafone Angel Store. As I reached at 3.30 pm, they told me to wait for some time. 

I met some of the fellow winners of Voice of Kolkata and we hit it off right away. Rituparna and Jayanti were bundles of positive energy. I did not feel that I met them just a few minutes back. We talked like old pals and clicked selfies throughout the event. The reason we bonded so well was perhaps because we were there that day to celebrate women power in all its glory.


Jayanti, Rituparna and I (From L-R)

All the winners reached by 4 pm. I could spot radio jockey Arko who was there to host the event. There was a delicious chocolate cake kept for all the winners. We were invited by the Vodafone staff to cut it together and celebrate women power. 


Just before cutting the cake!

It was wonderful cutting the cake with all the independent and strong women present there. When you are in the company of like-minded people, you can't help but enjoy every single second. You can see the cake-cutting moments and our short interview in this video. 



After the cake-cutting and interview session, we bonded with each other while having our small cake party. Then the zonal head of Vodafone gave us our goodies and thanked us for voicing our strong opinion and thoughts. 

RJ Arko told four of the winners, including me, to give another short interview on 91.9 Friends Fm. We went live on air and absolutely cherished the experience. 


With the coolest RJ

Finally, the lovely evening ended with all the winners posing with RJ Arko for a group picture. 


RJ Arko with all the winners of Voice of Kolkata

I had a great evening. It was a wonderful post women's day celebration. The goodies made me smile. I got a cool backpack that will accompany me on my next vacation, a cute red umbrella, Vodafone ZooZoo mug and couple Inox tickets. 



In the midst of happiness, I wondered what a beautiful world we will have if only women empower and support each other, shedding their judgmental cloaks. 


"I always believed that one woman's success can only help another woman's success"~ Gloria Vanderbilt
Indian Bloggers

9 comments:

  1. Hey congrats and lovely seeing you celebrate the woman in all her forms. Keep glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thrill to be a winner and experience the day with other women!

    Goodies were an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dear... I had already seen all your updates of this amazing event on fb and it's equally amazing to read it in detail here as it makes me so proud have such a super talented friend like you! May you achieve the zenith of success.. wish you all the very best in all your future endeavours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are wah Supergirl! Like Maitreni, I had seen, commented on your FB pics as well, but Congrats again! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Purba for yet another feather in your cap!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)