badge

Wednesday 26 October 2016

NaNoWriMo: All set for a new challenge!


I have been hearing about NaNoWriMo, which is the National Novel Writing Month since the last 4 years of my writing career. However, I couldn't motivate myself to take part in it because writing 50,000 words in a month along with managing regular workload (content writing in my case) doesn't sound easy at all. 

Moreover, there is no denying that I am so lazy, especially in the weekends. I hardly skip a weekend without catching up my friends, partying or going to a movie. So I never dared to attempt NaNoWriMo. 

However, this year, things are different. I want to challenge myself for NaNoWriMo due to plenty of reasons. First of all, I have been really bad to 'the writer in me' this year. During late August, I was so disheartened due to some reasons that I almost decided to quit writing. Even thinking of it makes me shiver now. How could I have even thought of that? Writing is like breathing to me, and even for some vulnerable minutes, I thought of giving it up. 

After that episode, I had a contemplative September when I rediscovered myself and made certain changes in my life to promote my well-being and to fuel my creativity. I made peace with the fact that writing is the number one priority in my life. It is the purpose and meaning of my life. I cannot let anything, no matter how important, take me away from it. 

I am having a wonderful, festive October with plenty of celebrations and travelling. All my close friends are Libras and therefore, October is all about birthday parties and celebrations for me. It was less work, more play. 

So now that I am all recharged with the celebrations, I have decided to commit myself to NaNoWriMo from 1st to 30th November. You can find me (Purba_Chakraborty) on the NaNoWriMo website. Please add me as a writing buddy if you are also participating in it this year. 




The tentative title of my novel is "Is it me you're looking for?" I wanted to write this book since a long time, but I have always postponed it, for some reason or the other. So, I feel that NaNoWriMo is the perfect push that I need to write this book. 


Rumi once said: "What you seek is seeking you."
The story of "Is it me you're looking for?" takes inspiration heavily from this quote. It is an emotionally intense, gripping and moving story about lost love, broken dreams and the power of miracles.

I am spending these days plotting and preparing for NaNoWriMo. I really don't remember the last time when I was so excited to start working on something new. 
Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? Do you have any tips for me? Please feel free to share.



Indian Bloggers

38 comments:

  1. Have fun with the Diwali and Birthday celebrations. And with the NaNoWriMo too!

    My work schedule and other activities I do are too hectic to afford me a break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can understand. I just hope that after handling 3k-4k words for content writing, I have the energy to churn out 2K more for the novel. *Fingers Crossed*

      Delete
  2. Oh this is great! I had seen NaNoWriMo quoted by many and today I understand it. 50,000 is really a huge task! Huge!

    All the best! A very catchy title! I know you will put something great! Have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 50K is huge. Needs great time management.
      Thank you so much, Prakash. Glad you found the title catchy :)

      Delete
    2. Welcome.. :-)

      I did check out their site (and created an account). Will decide by month end to give a try! Thank you for sharing this information. :-)

      Delete
  3. This is so exciting... i can feel the vibe :D Frankly, I had no clue what NaNoWriMo is all about, but now I have a fair idea. Thanks to your post. Have fun with this interesting task! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear! I am so excited to start writing it. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I have been hearing about it for the last 3 years, but even this year, I failed to motivate myself :-( Laziness is a BIG factor indeed!

    Anyway, congratulations in advance for your upcoming novel. I'm sure it would be another great work... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you dear. Thanks for the encouraging words :)

      Delete
  5. That is quite a big challenge you have taken on yourself! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly it's a great challenge to do this job apart from the regular work.. All the best in your Venture, Purba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sir but what is life without challenges? Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  7. "I made peace with the fact that writing is the number one priority in my life. It is the purpose and meaning of my life."
    It is just as well you made peace. You are a natural and it would be a shame if you ever contemplated giving up writing for whatever reason...
    Wishing you all the best for the challenge Purba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Now, when I think of it, I really feel so bad.
      Therefore I am participating in nanowrimo. I know completing the challenge will make me feel amazing.
      Thank you so much for the encouraging words :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds really exciting and I know no one can pull it through like you can. I really look fw to reading it :)

    All d v best my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you dear to say that. Thanks for the encouraging words and wishes :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely and the title makes me inquisitive and yes, a humongous task to pen so many words but grit and determination should see you through with a flourish...all good wishees for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wishes. Glad that the title made you inquisitive :)

      Delete
  10. best of luck and enjoy your writing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard a lot of nanowrimo. But beyond the challenge to be regular and steady in penning words, does it give a platform for writers to meet publishers? I've never tried it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is big, really BIG, Purba! 50k words in a month asks for a lot of determination and patience. I'm sure you'll come through with flying colors. Best wishes! ��

    Btw I loved the title. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that, Saumy. First time, I am attempting it. Generally, it takes me 4-6 months to write a novel.
      Thank you for the encouraging words. Glad you loved the title :)

      Delete
  13. 50000 words, 30 days. That is quite a challenge. All the best for it. I too wanted to join in, but knowing me and being a pro at procrastination and being lazy, I thought better.

    Anyhow, have fun. Also the title, tentative it might be, sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the very best Purba. This would certainly be a great push. Couple of days back, I too felt I should go with it but I guess, not this year. Anyway, keep writing.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck. The theme or the tagline itself is heart-conquering - 'What you seek is seeking you'. Wow ! May this month conclude in your accomplishing your goal. My birthday also falls in October (which is by all means a very pleasant month of the year). However I am not a Libra. I will try to join you on NaNoWriMo website. I am also fond of writing. However like you, I also can write only at the call of my inner voice only. Once it calls, it becomes impossible to control myself and the pen (say keyboard) drags me towards itself. I have also penned a novel (in Hindi). Once again all the best to you. It will be a pleasure to read your novel once it is complete and open to the readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words :)
      Belated birthday wishes. I hope you also take part in Nanowrimo and this month becomes very productive for you too.

      Delete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)