badge

Monday 16 March 2020

Mythological Monologues : A Poetry Series (Theme Reveal #BlogchatterA2Z #AtoZChallenge 2020))


April is almost here and I am thrilled to reveal the theme of my A to Z Challenge 2020. 

This is the 2nd time I am taking this blogging challenge. In 2018, I experimented with 26 forms of poetry in my poetry series "Letters from the Soul".

My theme for A to Z 2020 is Mythological Monologues - A poetry series.

This year, I will be doing a poetry series on Indian Mythology. I will be giving voice to various characters in Indian mythology such as Ahalya, Shikhandi, Draupadi, Gandhari, Sita, Urmila, Eklavya, Karna and many others. I will be penning down 26 dramatic monologues of 26 iconic characters from Indian mythology. 

Indian mythology has always fascinated me since childhood. Therefore, I decided to give my voice to some of the most beautiful characters in Indian mythology that has stayed with me over the years.  

Every day, on the month of April (except on Sundays), I will be writing one dramatic monologue. Dramatic Monologue is a poetry form that was popularized by the famous Victorian poet, Robert Browning. Although I have earlier written dramatic monologues, it will be exciting to blend mythology with this poetry form. 

I hope you will join me in this thrilling poetic journey on the month of April. Wishing the very best to all the fellow bloggers who will be participating in A to Z 2020. 




22 comments:

  1. What a great theme! So unique.
    Have a great challenge.

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Theme Reveal - Living the Twenties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a novel and interesting topic. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    My word, Purba, this makes me tingle with expectation!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      So good to know that, Yamini. I hope you enjoy my posts on April.

      Delete
  4. Superbly amazing theme. Can't wait 😊 looking forward. Best wishes Purba!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting theme, all the best Purba

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indian mythology and its characters have always intrigued me. This theme is quite innovative. Looking forward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your theme Purba. My theme last year had been mythology too and it had been super fun. Happy AtoZ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My entire family is fascinated by Indian mythology and we are all eagerly awaiting this series. My 15 year old has a suggestion: Aunty please write about Angad too - his character hasn't been given the due justice it deserves. All the best Purba!! We just can't wait to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My entire family is fascinated by Indian mythology and we are all eagerly awaiting this series. My 15 year old has a suggestion: Aunty please write about Angad too - his character hasn't been given the due justice it deserves. All the best Purba!! We just can't wait to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally fascinated by your theme and can't wait to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful theme. I am hooked. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A rare one. Also very interesting. Eagerly waiting for your posts Purba. Best of luck🍀.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love to read your posts. Indian mythology has many characters who need introduction. I am sure your posts will throw some light on such characters too. May be I can ask my daughter also to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A subject I'm facsinated by, so I'm sure to enjoy your pieces.

    My A-Z Reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such an unique theme and it will be interesting to read poetry related to mythology. all the best and looking forward to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have picked an intriguing topic indeed Purba. Will surely be visiting your blog through April. Good luck :)
    Do check out if my theme interests you: http://www.rightpurchasing.com/a2zchallenge/
    --rightpurchasing.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic theme. Would look forward for your posts Purba

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice of topic. Can't wait to read your posts. All the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)