badge

Tuesday 22 May 2018

Love Actually~ A moment frozen in time


Photographs are no doubt a person's most prized treasure as they capture the smile, the twinkle of the eye and the glow of the face perfectly. After the passage of many years, when we come across one such photograph, we can relive that moment once again in the screen of our mind. And it makes us feel that we are alive. 

Material possessions are nothing compared to the moments where we have truly lived...moments where our souls were dancing with joy...moments when we felt an abundance of love. 

The selfie culture has made it easier to capture precious moments without depending on another person to capture the moment. There is a story behind each photograph and today, I am going to share the story behind one of my favorite selfies.


This is the selfie of me and my grandmother whom I fondly called Dimma. It was taken in 2013 at Digha, a sea beach near Kolkata. My grandmother and I shared a very deep soul connection where we could read each other's eyes and understand the unspoken words. We were also great friends who pulled each other's legs and laughed a lot together. There were no secrets between me and her. That's how close we were.

She was very fond of sea beaches and so, every year, we used to go to Digha or Mandarmani, the beaches near Kolkata. She used to close her eyes as the sea breeze caressed her face. She used to look at the waves with a child-like delight and discuss philosophies of life with me. 

During this particular vacation, I bought a white hat and was clicking plenty of pictures. 

"Dimma! Click a nice picture of me with this hat. Isn't it looking pretty on me?" I asked her as I was posing in front of the mirror.

"Yes, you look pretty in everything. You know I always wanted to wear a white hat and a pink sweater. I wanted to see how I look in it. A silly fantasy!" My grandmother chuckled. 

"No, not at all silly. You will look so beautiful. You wear my pink cardigan and this white hat tomorrow when we go to the beach." I said with a lot of enthusiasm.

"Jhum, are you crazy? What will people think? An old woman of 70 roaming around in a pink sweater and a hat. No, my dear, I can wear it now, in front of you. But not in front of everyone." My grandmother said.

"No. You have to do this for me. Else I will be upset. You say you love me the most. Can't you do this for me, Dimma?" I tried to emotionally blackmail her so that she agrees.

Finally, my grandmother nodded her head and smiled at me. 

So, the next day, I wore my violet floral dress and a hairband. Due to my emotional blackmailing, my grandmother wore my pink cardigan over her saree and the white hat. She looked so beautiful that I couldn't stop praising her. A young couple also complimented my grandmother. She was delighted. 

I took out my phone and captured that moment. The selfie was awesome. My grandmother stole all the limelight from me. When I showed it to my grandmother, she was so excited. She couldn't believe that she was looking so good and different. She kissed my cheek and told me that I made her so happy. Whenever we showed this selfie to any relative or friend, everyone complimented only my grandmother and the ways her eyes twinkled, appeased my soul.

She passed away last year, but whenever I look at this selfie, it makes me feel happy and peaceful. This selfie has made the beauty of that moment immortal.

If you want to have a great selfie experience, you should check out the dual selfie camera of Mobiistar. You will be overjoyed to know that it has a fun, dual, selfie camera that will let you click amazing, memorable selfies. The Mobiistar phone can perfectly capture a 120-degree wide-angle shot. Doesn't it sound amazing? 

If you are traveling somewhere, you can capture more of the scenic background without worrying about fitting everyone in. It is a phone designed for the best selfie experience so that you can enjoy more, creating and capturing memories. Check out Mobiistar on Flipkart.

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    What a gorgeous post - and your Dimma was indeed beautiful - and shines still in you! I so agree about the value of photographs, a piece of technology for which we can be very much grateful!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yamini for your beautiful words.
      Yes, photographs are priceless. One good thing about having a camera in our pockets and purses...we can capture great moments on the go :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, Great to read.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome thoughtful post with beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such heartfelt post! You have written it straight from your heart and the pix add to the emotional quotient ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. #MyFriendAlexa #DelhibloggerReads Awesome thoughts, such posts are really amazing to read and giving time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)