badge

Tuesday 22 August 2017

A Letter to Poetry



Dear Poetry, 
     
           If you wouldn't have been there in my life, I would have probably gone insane. Yes, I might have survived even then, but living would surely be difficult. The emotional and deep person that I am, it's hard to find someone who understands me or values my emotions. But I have found you and so, no regrets.

           You are the one who calm my 3 am tears and help me find beauty in chaos. You help me make sense of my overwhelming emotions. You convince me that pain and separation can be romantic too, just like togetherness. You help me look beyond the ordinary. You make me feel life is hard but interesting as there is so much to write about.

            I was reminiscing the day I fell in love with you. I think I was ten. I took part in the elocution competition in school, where I was told to recite "The Hero" by Rabindranath Tagore. It was a long poem and at first, I was annoyed that I had to memorize it. But then slowly, I started enjoying reading the poem. I still remember those opening lines "Mother, let us imagine we are travelling, and passing through a strange and dangerous country". 

        That poem had built my confidence then and inspired me to be brave. Back then, I didn't know that I will have no choice apart from being brave in life. I was not born strong, but life sculpted me to be as strong as a warrior in order to survive. And you have been inspiring me all the way to be brave, kind and never give up on dreams.




         When I tasted pain, one after the other as I grew up, you became my source of solace. It's in your arms I could reconstruct myself. I like the fact that it's always so easy to bare my heart out, by using a metaphor. I could express everything, and yet not reveal anything. And when people read my poems and relate to them, it makes me euphoric. 

            The best thing is you connect me to people I love deeply. No matter whether they are with me in the present moment, I can always reach out to them through you. You help me dwell in the parallel universe, where I am with my soulmate. You help me relive the moments I had spent with my mother and grandmother. You nourish and water the love in my heart, not letting it perish. You capture the hope in my heart, not letting it fly away.




          Whenever I feel overwhelmed with the injustice happening around me, I can always calm my raging thoughts in your embrace. I wonder had I not found you, how would I have been able to control my rage, pain and fear?

          My dear poetry, I will be indebted to you forever. You add so much meaning to the simple, mundane things of life. You make life an enigma and nature a magician. No wonder I fall in your love every time I read some mesmerizing poem or write a poem to soothe my heart. 


         Thank you for giving me the chance to love you wholeheartedly in this lifetime. And I hope, you love me too. 

                                                                                         ~A poet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like reading my blog, you will like my books too. My latest novel, "Canvas of a Mind", a psychological mystery is out! If you like thrillers and mysteries, it will appeal to you.
Grab your copy now!


           
         

      

6 comments:

  1. Such a heartwarming post dear... this reminds me of 'survival of the fittest in the struggle of existence' very beautifully written dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent read. I am not much of a poet, but I love to write fiction. So, I can understand the importance of writing. Without writing a day feels incomplete. Like an important piece has been broken off us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post.Both the poems in the boxes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Letter to poem...what an imagination !Yes, passion keeps us alive...loved the poems too Purba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Insightful post accompanied by beautiful quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a worthy and heart touching letter dear n it sure came from the deepest corner of your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)