badge

Monday 10 July 2017

Canvas of a Mind: Kalimpong Diaries #1


In my last post, I unveiled the cover of my upcoming novel "Canvas of a Mind" and promised that I will be sharing many interesting things about the book. 

The backdrop of this novel is Kalimpong, a remote hill station in West Bengal. I went to this beautiful place in the year 2015 and that is where the plot of this psychological mystery novel took shape in my mind. 



Kalimpong is not just a mere, beautiful backdrop of the novel. It has played a huge part in the book, especially in the scenes when Ipsha, one of the characters in the book gets stalked by a creepy stranger who tries to lure her by playing a haunting tune in the harmonica and by sending her anonymous love notes without showing his face.




In the first post of Kalimpong diaries, I am introducing you all to the Kalimpong Golf course. This place is known as the Watershed View Point that gives tourists the view of the most scenic golf course in the country. 



I remember spending about three hours in this beautiful place, looking at the clouds playing an enchanting game with the hills. I enjoyed the transition of weather from cloudy to sunny with a cup of tea. 



The characters of the novel were screaming in my mind throughout. They nudged me to give them a voice and therefore, I started writing as soon as I reached my guest house. 



An important scene of "Canvas of a Mind" is set in this place, that brings a fearful storm in the life of Ipsha and Akashi. Therefore, this place is extremely special for me and the novel. 



I will be sharing many more places in Kalimpong, which I visited and captured in my novel. "Canvas of a Mind" wouldn't have been possible if I had not visited this quaint, little, beautiful hill station. 

Buy the book here!

21 comments:

  1. What what a lovely way of unravelling the titbits of the book this way Purba, further evokes my interest ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear. Glad you liked the idea :)

      Delete
  2. Kalimpong has its unique charm. Nice to know that your novel tries to recreate that charm. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful setting for a story which I, as your reader, know for sure, is going to be more beautiful! Also lived this way of introducing the book by sharing this wonderful trivia, Purba ...It helps in a deeper connect with the characters as well as the author. Wishes, girl!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear for your wishes. Glad you liked this way of introducing the book :)

      Delete
  4. A dedicated Writer identifying totally with beauty of Nature and the Surroundings.. Truly a befitting instance, Purba.. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very interesting plot. It's great to see how you've used a place you've visited to develop into your novel's setting. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice. Loved the post and pics.
    Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hooked! Your novel sounds like a juxtaposition between the charming quaint hill station and the mysterious story. What a lovely setting Purba, I'm intrigued to know more. All the very best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you are intrigued dear. Thank you so much for your wishes :)

      Delete
  8. Now that sounds so intriguing you mixing your travel with your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Kalimpong. Great place to set a book.

    My third book, An Autumn Melody also has many key scenes set in Kalimpong...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds so captivating and a brilliant way to present the initial bits of the novel thru the blog post. Perfect setting for the novel. ๐Ÿ˜Š All the best, Purba!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice inspiration for the novel, nothing quite like taking it from nature! Good luck with the book ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an interesting way to highlight the novel's inspiration from your life dear... so keen to read it further :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kalimpong looks so beautiful. I must make time to visit this place some day. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)