badge

Sunday 6 December 2015

My favorite dessert: Patishapta Pitha (sugar free)

I have a sweet tooth and I am crazy for almost all kinds of sweets. However, my favorite is Patishapta Pitha which is a traditional Bengali sweet. 




Patishapta Pitha 

Every year, during Makar Sankranti/Poush Parbon, I get to eat this amazing dessert. My granny prepares this incredibly delicious dessert on the day of Makar Sankranti. I have lovely childhood memories associated with this dessert.

Basically, Patishapta Pitha is a pancake recipe. Here, the pancakes are filled with kheer. It takes near about 45 minutes to prepare this dessert. Instead of using sugar, you can use SugarFree Natura. 

Ingredients

The ingredients that we will need to prepare Sugar Free Patishapta Pitha are as follows:

Suji (Semolina)
Maida (White flour)
Khowa Kheer
Cooking oil
Milk
SugarFree Natura

Recipe

Here is the recipe of sugar free Patishapta Pitha:

First of all, we need to condense the milk properly by boiling and stirring it constantly. Then we have to add Khowa Kheer so that it slowly turns into a semi-liquid state. We also need to add SugarFree Natura in the milk for taste. (Note: You can get Khowa Kheer from the market. However, if it is not available, you can still make this dish, but the milk will take plenty of time to get converted into a semi-liquid state).

Now, we need to add 2 cups of water in suji and maida to make a dense mix. Then, we have to add SugarFree Natura in the mix for taste.

Now, we should take the frying pan and heat it. Then, we have to coat the surface of the frying pan with a little amount of oil.

Carefully, we should pour 4-5 tablespoons of suji-maida mix on the frying pan. Then, spread the mix evenly on the frying pan till it takes a round shape.

Now, we should pour one tablespoon of the semi liquid kheer over the round spread.

After a few seconds, we should roll the circular spread like bread roll. Now, we need to fry the roll on the frying pan. We should flip the sides of the roll every 10 seconds till it turns slightly reddish brown in color.

And, we have our sugar free Bengali Patishapta Pitha ready! For me, winters are incomplete without this dessert. 

Know more about Sugarfree Natura at http://sugarfree-india.com/


9 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and I guess people like me can eat it anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes pancakes with coconut filing. With Kheer, well, this is quite tempting. :P
    ​​​​A Rat's​ ​Nibble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pancakes with coconut filling too. I am sure you will like them with kheer :)

      Delete
  3. Yummy :) Patishapta Pitha my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patishapta is my favorite too ^_^ my nani ma requests me to make it whenever she visits us :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard about it first time. But it seems delicious. One little query: Is khowa kheer the same khowa which is used in making gulab jamun or different?

    ReplyDelete


  6. Loochee and Soojee .. Ennee Tyme , Enee Place ,


    Aditya S

    ReplyDelete

Hey! If you like this post or have anything to tell, please go ahead.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)